A lot of Project Management Offices (PMO's) have been rolled out in the last 15 or 20 years. Many of these roll-out efforts could be characterized as not knowing where to start, and certainly lacking a tool-box or set of blue prints. This may be why many PMO's are not viewed as extremely successful.
Here is where SmartBluePrints: PMO© comes in. It can be your foundation to roll-out that new PMO or perhaps to re-tool the one that is already running.
All SmartBluePrints leverage decades of Blue Globe Management Consulting experience and smart, malleable no-code components built on Smartsheet technology, which won't require a large Information Technology shop to support.
Hover over any of the Dialogue Hotspots, below to learn more about this product.
- Leverage Smartsheet’s Control Center to automatically map and roll-up Project Types to the right portfolio, and automatically roll-up Key Portfolio Metrics
- Drill down to individual problem projects or projects of interest from the Portfolio Dashboard
- For the Agile IT Portfolio, review the status of Current Sprints that are being tracked in Jira, using Smartsheet’s Jira ConnectorMarker 2
Involve your Key Stakeholders in Project Proposal Reviews:
- Move Projects to the right “lane,” from initial Project Proposal to submission of the Project for Approval
- Take advantage of Smartsheet Automation for PMO Review and ApprovalMarker 3
- Leverage standard Project Status Report “1-Pagers” from the minute the PMO has leveraged Smartsheet’s Control Center to approve a project.
-Project Manager Status updates are completely as simply as responding to an emailed Web-form on your mobile device.
- Drill-down to the Project Schedule for a Project to get a closer look at project activity or drill-down and inspect Issues and Risks
- Use the Project Status Report as a Project Portal to access Key Deliverables and Project Life Cycle documents that are included as links on the “1-pager”Marker 4
- Get an early sense of Organizational Change Management areas to focus on for each project with a standardized Stakeholder Analysis
- If the Stakeholder Analysis uncovers the need for further Change Management activity, drill deeper with specific impact analyses that drive a comprehensive Change Management PlanMarker 5
- As a Resource Manager, you get full visibility to your Resource Commitments on individual projects and across all projects using Smartsheet's 10,000ft
- As a Project Manager you can leverage Smartsheet's 10,000ft Resource Panel within your Project Sheet to set and view Resource Assignments.
- For Agile IT Projects you also have the ability pull in Project Assignments from Jira and Sync-up Estimates and Actual Work for each Sprint
- Allow your resources to leverage Smartsheet’s 10,000ft easy to use Timesheets to update actual work for all current assignments
To find out more about how SmartBluePrints can get your PMO up and humming quickly:
- View the description on Smartsheet's Website or Watch this brief video on the product
- Contact us today to further discuss your needs
- Or Schedule A SmartBluePrints:PMO Demo today