A lot of Project Management Offices (PMO's) have been rolled out in the last 15 or 20 years. Many of these roll-out efforts could be characterized as not knowing where to start, and certainly lacking a tool-box or set of blue prints. This may be why many PMO's are not viewed as extremely successful.
Here is where SmartBluePrints: PMO© comes in. It can be your foundation to roll-out that new PMO or perhaps to re-tool the one that is already running.
All SmartBluePrints leverage decades of Blue Globe Management Consulting experience and smart, malleable no-code components built on Smartsheet technology, which won't require a large Information Technology shop to support.
Hover over any of the Dialogue Hotspots, below to learn more about this product.
- Leverage Smartsheet’s Control Center to automatically map and roll-up Project Types to the right portfolio, and automatically roll-up Key Portfolio Metrics
- Drill down to individual problem projects or projects of interest from the Portfolio Dashboard
- For the Agile IT Portfolio, review the status of Current Sprints that are being tracked in Jira, using Smartsheet’s Jira ConnectorMarker 2
Involve your Key Stakeholders in Project Proposal Reviews:
- Move Projects to the right “lane,” from initial Project Proposal to submission of the Project for Approval
- Take advantage of Smartsheet Automation for PMO Review and ApprovalMarker 3
- Leverage standard Project Status Report “1-Pagers” from the minute the PMO has leveraged Smartsheet’s Control Center to approve a project.
-Project Manager Status updates are completely as simply as responding to an emailed Web-form on your mobile device.
- Drill-down to the Project Schedule for a Project to get a closer look at project activity or drill-down and inspect Issues and Risks
- Use the Project Status Report as a Project Portal to access Key Deliverables and Project Life Cycle documents that are included as links on the “1-pager”Marker 4
- Get an early sense of Organizational Change Management areas to focus on for each project with a standardized Stakeholder Analysis
- If the Stakeholder Analysis uncovers the need for further Change Management activity, drill deeper with specific impact analyses that drive a comprehensive Change Management PlanMarker 5
- As a Resource Manager, you can Approve and Reject Resource Requests on individual projects
- Use SmartBluePrints: PMO templates to build a powerful Resource Group Sheet and Resource Activity Sheet to manage and adapt to Resource actual and forecasted activity, and use your Resource Dashboard to review activity at a glance
- Allow your resources to leverage Smartsheet’s DynamicView to update actual work and forecasts for all current and planned assignments